group (plural groups)
- A number of things or persons being in some relation to one another.
- There is a group of houses behind the hill.
- A group of people gathered in front of the Parliament to demonstrate against the Prime Minister"s proposals.
- He left town to join a Communist group
- (group theory) A set G together with a binary operation * such that * is associative for elements of G; there is an identity element in G; every element of G has an inverse in G under the operation; and for all elements a and b in G, a * b is in G.
- A (usually small) group of people who perform music together.
- Did you see the new jazz group?
- (astronomy) A small number (up to about fifty) of galaxies that are near each other.
- (chemistry) A column in the periodic table of chemical elements.
- (chemistry) A functional entity consisting of certain atoms whose presence provides a certain property to a molecule, such as the methyl group.
- (sociology) A subset of a culture or of a society.
- (military) An air force formation.
- (geology) A collection of formations or rock strata.
- (computing) In the Unix operating system, a number of users with same rights with respect to accession, modification, and execution of files, computers and peripherals.
- (number of things or persons being in some relation to each other): collection, set
- (people who perform music together): band, ensemble
5 letters in word "group": G O P R U.
No anagrams for group found in this word list.
Words found within group: